Saturday, May 26, 2012

Guest Blogger Amy Bayliss

...
We don't go into ministry; it's who we are.
“Everyone can be great because anyone can serve. You don’t have to
have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and
your verb agree to serve… you only need a heart full of grace – a soul
generated by love.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
People don’t care about our fancy titles and how we refer to ourselves.
They want to know what we do and how we can help them. I can say that I
am a Christian or a child of God till I am blue in the face, but what does that
mean to someone who has never been to church or recognized the hand
of God in their lives? It means nothing.
Who am I and what do I do?
My name is Amy and I have a desire to serve people. I want to see women
set free. I want them to find more joy in life. I pray for others. I have to repent daily but I always try to go the extra mile to help others if they are
in need. I try to bless others when no one else is watching because it isn’t
about the glory. I serve a God who is bigger than me and He can help me
overcome anything.
That is what I do and that my friend is part of who I am. So the next time
you feel insignificant because you can't say “I’m the women's ministry leader,”
or “I'm an evangelist,” remember that you could be the only one within
ear's reach who knows what that means anyway. Besides, that isn't who
you are or what you do. You are a child of God and you share His love to
others. There is nothing insignificant about that.

Be who you are! Minister using the gifts God has equipped you with.

If you've ever wanted to tear the 31st chapter of Proverbs out of your bible this book is for you. She is a wife, mom, business owner, seamstress, she serves the needy, speaks life and wisdom, and seems to be quite the major overachiever, perfectionist type. Except that...she's not. Come along and journey with Amy and take a look at the real woman of Proverbs 31. She isn't as perfect as she seems. In fact, I think she is a lot like you and me. If you want the Kindle version, get it here: Pursuit of Proverbs 31 for Kindle. You can also download the free Kindle app on your PC, iPad, iPhone, or many other devices. For the downloadable, printable PDF version, get it here: Pursuit of Proverbs 31
Amy Bayliss Amy is a small town Cajun girl living life in the big city. She and her husband Ryan have four children, all boys, ranging in age from toddler to teen! Amy is a full-time blogger and WP designer at My Southern Media. You can visit her at her personal blog, Cajun Joie de Vivre or you can follow her ramblings on Twitter and keep up with her mischief on Facebook.
 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment