Friday, December 16, 2011

A Merry Christmas Table

A Merry Christmas Table!
To those who are new to the blog, Welcome! I am so glad you are here, hopefully to be inspired! Today I am sharing my moms inspiring table, as I prepare for my sons birthday. I am determined to learn how to work my new blog layout! I hope you are liking the bigger photo's! Yesterday's were a bit too big, so I am tweaking it today! Clearly you can see the gift my mom has, my  inspiration! 
Colossians 3:12-14 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 
I hope you are blessed today by love!

 Speaking of being blessed...We are doing the "Blessing" for my son tonight as he turns 15.  We (My husband and I, and whole family actually) are very deliberate about speaking blessing over our children. I think because my love language is words of encouragement, I decided as a very young mom that I always wanted to be very vocal in my encouragement for my children. (I think every mom does, right!?) So we have about 3 specific "Blessings" we do for our children.

 For my daughter we called the first one "Teenage Blessing Tea" and did a lovely tea for her with all of the women in her life who I (and Hannah) thought were a gift and could teach her something. Then, I also did one for her recently on her 18th birthday with just family called "Family Blessing" as she was applying, waiting etc.. for college and experiencing all the corresponding "stuff". I will share with you lots more of that because a "Blessing Tea", or for boys different title, can be a treasured act of hospitality for anyone at any age....

 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment