Saturday, December 24, 2011

The best gift of Christmas

The Best gift of all...
I love wrapping! I love plain kraft paper with beautiful bows, in clusters! I decided this year I'm sticking with what I love!
 I chose all kinds of sparkling ribbons...
 to nestle in between the sparkling ornaments...
 I love Christmas, because I love what Christmas celebrates: The birth of our savior.
 Christmas often isn't the perfect day, for many people. There has been loss, deep loss. There has been relationship that have ended, some that will never be mended. There has been disappointment and discouragement, some without resolve. But there is a truth that conquers all, a gift that comforts and a gift that saves. The birth of Jesus Christ. 
 When I see wrapped packages this is what I think of. Although not deserving, I have a saviour born for me (and you) on Christmas day. Because of that gift I am able to experience true joy, love and thanksgiving, even in the midst of life on earth. Joshua, Chapter 1, is very encouraging, especially verse 9: Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. True encouragement!
 I pray for you all of these things today, on Christmas Eve.
 I am thankful for many thing, including you. It is a blessing to be able to use the gifts I have to hopefully encourage and funny enough I am encouraged right back, by so many of you! Some of you email me, some are beginnning to leave comments on the blog (click on the above grey Inspired Design to see actual blog, where pictures are the "perfect" size)
 So, for me aside from the biggest gift of all are my friends and family! To be loved is what I am most thankful for. Below is a beautiful mantle from my friend Kathleen's home. She hosted our Inspired31.org Christmas Party, all of which I was so blessed by.
 These women and girls are treasures to me and I love them dearly. They are the founders of Inspired31.org, the mother-teenage daughter group that has blessed us all more than we could have imagined was possible. I am thankful for Inspired, where inspiring women (shown here, but also including Chelsea Cameron, Dannah Gresh, Susie Shellenberger, Debbie Marshall, the missionary who runs Heart of Hope etc..) have shown our daughters that being  a Christian woman today is not only possible, but a beautiful and unique thing. 
My family, whom I love dearly!
Thanks be to God for his unspeakable Gift— indescribable, inestimable, incomparable inexpressible - precious beyond words. Lois Lebar
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
With love, Roxanne
 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment