Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Three Fast and Easy Tips for Thanksgiving

Martha Stewart I am not. Stating the obvious is a strong suit of mine. Although I would love to have a staff to help me get the message of Hospitality out, I would prefer to be more like Mary, not Martha! Here are some tips that you requested, from "Table Settings Inspirations"...

Here is a Thanksgiving Table from my grandparents home. (Clicking on pics make them big for detail) Everything they did was elegant because they did it with love. My grandpa Allan (Alder, Silversmith) was a brilliant designer (Smithsonian, LACMA, Huntington Library & Gardens etc...bla bla) but ALWAYS made people the top priority when they came to his home. Despite having the likes of Cary Grant, Eleanor Roosevelt, Paul Newman and more to his home and studio he was as charming to the men who "hammered" out his designs, as to his "helpers" and really...total strangers (whom he'd often ask in for dinner)

Generations old, these tips are as beautiful/timeless as then...
One: Everything is more beautiful on silver or glass .
Two: Turn overhead lights off and dine by candlelight.
Three: Snip a little greenery or flower. One or two is plenty.

Only two tiny flowers on this table. Elegant and Beautiful. This was in Texas. Everybody laughed when I said I take pictures on trips of the what creative people come up with, especially those beautiful ways to honor and celebrate others. Some people like mountains, I like tables settings and hospitality ideas. (I do love the beaches though!) Ask my family! :)


Glass containers with candy colored for the season! A favorite....


As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds. ~Theodore Roosevelt


2 Corinthians 4:15 All of this is for your benefit. And as God’s grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory.
Tomorrow I will do great Thanksgiving Quotes you can use on your table!
Happy Thanksgiving!

 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment