Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas Color, Spanish birth Celebration

Welcome to you referred by the lovely Blog: A Wise Woman Builds Her Home! I'm so glad you are here... My blog is devoted to all things Inspired: Home, Hospitality, Family and Friends. What better way to show God's love than to honor, love and celebrate others through home?

One more blog until the big Inspired31.org slideshow... So, although not exactly Christmas colors, it would be if the black was green! I love these pics of my daughters 18th birthday party a week ago! (EEEK) She wanted nothing big, fancy or planned as she is somewhat low-key like her Dad! So I tried hard to do a little Spanish theme, as she was born in Spain, while my husband served in the Military, Navy to be precise.

I tried to keep it simple with things I had, although I did buy those plastic silverware, can you believe it? (Tuesday Morning) Clean up was much easier, although lots of dishes to wash!



You know I love to reuse interesting items, this one my husband and I bought in Germany 18 years ago, when the military sent us there to do a Dental training. (US? Ok Scott did the training, I happily tagged along)

I try to always include a favorite quote or scripture, and this one is so fitting for an 18th birthday, especially while filling out the college app's!
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17 (NIV)


Her dear friend, Cassie, since she was about 6 years old. They really "sharpen" each other as Iron Sharpens Iron, in Proverbs. I am so thankful for Hannah's dear friend Cassie. A sweet spirited, lovely, encouraging friend to my precious daughter. Thank you, Lord.

Hannah's dress that she wore when she was less than a year out, then let out when she was two to wear again. It was for the Semana Santa celebrations in Southern Spain, where we were stationed. This Sevillana dress is such a sweet reminder of her early childhood. It was so sentimental on her birthday. I hung it on my jewelry stand and pinned it. Great idea for baby clothes for baby showers!

Love these curly straws I got at the party store!

Inexpensive napkins at Tuesday Morning...almost as cheap as buying paper products, but not quite. I hate to waste money on disposable things! I am part Scottish...

Gumballs on the napkins. Just cute and colorful.
"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you’ll never walk alone. People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anybody. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others."
— Sam Levenson

 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment