Monday, September 5, 2011

Beautiful Ways to Display Handmade Art


These are a few of my favorite things: sweet words from friends & family, handmade art AND using them in beautiful ways to decorate the home with meaning!
Firstly, this is my moms idea! (As you know I steal many good ideas from her!) She uses beautiful french ribbon with a gorgeous ornament for the season at the top, with cards dangling from the ribbon. You can affix them with simple paperclips or clothespins! At Christmas time her displays are gorgeous with red, green and plaid ribbons and a big Santa or such. This display was around Valentines Day last year. She usually affixes it b/n the shelves in her bookcases in her office, but it was easier to see if I hung it on a blank wall.

This is a gorgeous way to keep all of those encouraging thoughts in a place where you will often THINK ON THESE THINGS (Phil 4:8)

Of course, we would all agree handmade gifts are amongst the best, if not THE best gifts! My son made this me when he was 7(ish), although I did have to shlep him to the pottery place, and do some coaxing! I cherish it. I keep it out during times I want to encourage him or be reminded of his talent. It looks gorgeous on an iron stand, which makes it even look elegant!

My friend, Susan, made this beautiful watercolor for me after I got to tell her what my most favorite subject would be... Yes, I said a chair....and I looove it and all the time she took to make it for me. It will always be hanging in my house.

Perhaps one of my favorite gifts of all-time is one my dear friend Sharyl painted for me of my first home, which was in Puerto de Santa Maria, Andalusia-Spain, where my daughter was born. She and my wonderful hubbie colaborated and she painted this charming and very sentimental oil/acrylic of the home where my daughter was born! I am telling you this is one of my absolute treasures. I have it framed and on a beautiful easle that sits in my entry or in my dining room.

Lastly, another plate done by my kids and me for my dads birthday!

One thing will always secure heaven for us: the acts of charity and kindness with which we have filled our lives. We will never know how much good just a simple smile can do. We tell people how kind, forgiving, and understanding God is, but are we the living proof? Can they really see this kindness, this forgiveness, this understanding alive in us? Mother Teresa, No Greater Love, p. 45

 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment