Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Thankfulness....

I have never been able to think of the day as one of mourning; I have never quite been able to feel that half-masted flags were appropriate on Decoration Day. I have rather felt that the flag should be at the peak, because those whose dying we commemorate rejoiced in seeing it where their valor placed it. We honor them in a joyous, thankful, triumphant commemoration of what they did. ~Benjamin Harrison

Although this blog is about "Inspired Design", (and all things about the home) today is about My gratitude (and yours as well, I am sure) to those who gave their lives so that we have the freedom to enjoy our homes, and the ability and gift to have our own home. After living over seas for many years while my husband was in the Navy, I know first hand what many families sacrifice for us to have this privilege, living in a safe & free country.

So thank you for the ability to allow my son to play tennis....
and more importantly to practice good character, and give the opponent a pat on the back.

For the privilege of the fun of playing a sport! (Yes, I said that!)

For the ability to use determination to do fun and hard things.

To get good at something....

For soft landings....
and for the freedom to have days filled with sunshine and smiles. My grandfather was in Pearl Harbor while it was bombed, as an enlisted man in the Navy. I was blessed to be able to hear HIM tell the stories, however many were not as blessed. To them and their families we are so blessed by your bravery.
May we never forget, and never forget to take care of our men and women in the armed services. To our readers who are in the military-although words are not enough-Thank You!
May God bless them and their families.

Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored. ~Daniel Webster
 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment